Thursday, August 5, 2010

Living Under Table Mountain

My name is Rossella, I am a 21 year old female living in Cape Town, South Africa. I am a passionate writer looking to expand out of my traditional ways of writing. What might that be? Well, to be honest it is writing about Italian football. Yes, you heard me.... Italian Football!

Why? Well, my parents are Italian and naturally I have been brought up to live "la dolce vita". Cooking and eating great Italian food, being subjected to having a traditional family Sunday feasts, being brought up with Italian traditions and celebrating the Italian holidays. Everything I have ever known in my 21 years of existence has been Italian!

However; 21-years on I find myself, after 8 trying months, appreciating the Mother City in which I live. Maybe the World Cup had this colossal affect on me or it has been the passing of three dear loved ones, in a short space of time, that has made me realise life it too short. Nevertheless; whatever it may be I have finally woken up and seen the Mother City's beauty and the beauty of its people.

This is why I have decided to open up a second blog. One that will be devoted purely to all things Cape Town that this 'little girl trapped in a big city' is experiencing. I will bring you restaurant reviews, club and music festival reviews and everything else that I, as a 21-year old female, experience first hand in Cape Town.

Lets get this party started!

No comments:

Post a Comment